Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hi everyone! Well, it's been a while since I posted, and I am sorry for the lack of activity here. It's been a flurry of activity off-blog, and I think things are finally starting to settle down a bit. I will be glad to share the news with you once I know for certain what's happening next!

In the meantime, remember these sandals from this post? I did receive them a few days after that post, and am sorry to report that they didn't end up working out after all.

First, the size 8 was too big; despite the reviews, I could have stuck with the 7.5 had they not been sold out online (but wait, you say! You can check in-stores too. That's coming right up :).

Second, the little silver buckle part that goes through the buckle holes (very technical language here!) on the left sandal fell off when I took the shoes out of the box! You can imagine my jaws dropping to the floor, almost literally, as I got down on my knees to search for the teeny little buckle piece. I was able to reattach it, but clearly these shoes weren't meant for me.

I took them back to the store, and searched for a replacement 7.5, but no luck, alas. It's such a versatile color and style, so I wasn't surprised to see that these brown sandals were the most purchased, judging by the merchandise left on the shelves.

So I returned these shoes, and the hunt continues for that perfect gladiator-inspired, neutral brown, low-heel strappy sandal! Just saw these beauties from Anh this morning, and am seriously considering the splurge.



25% off, with code SPRINGBEST, and free shipping, so they'll be $112.50.

Should I do it? I have until the end of today when the code expires. Still plenty of time to put it aside, think about it, and revisit in the evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment