Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday



I had this for lunch today, and it was too good not to share.

It's nothing complicated at all, and it all started with a frozen veggie burger. I don't typically eat these very often, but my mom had given me some to use in a pinch, and I was determined to put them to good use.

I cooked the frozen patty in a little bit of olive oil for about 10 minutes on medium low heat, flipping every few minutes. The bun is lightly toasted brioche, leftover from our burger night a few evenings ago (mm, brioche..and I still have to write about the burgers!). I added a fried egg, sliced onions, Dijon mustard (underneath the patty, directly on the bun), and ketchup, resulting in this delicious sandwich. A side of sautéed kale completed this meal.

The whole thing took only 20 minutes, from start to finish. 27, if you count how long it took for me to devour this :D

And now to ponder the all-important question - what's for dinner??

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment