Thursday, May 16, 2013

So many times, I've stopped myself from writing things that seem to be a bit too 'heavy' or 'serious' for a blog that was created to share the things in life to love/that I love. Sometimes it's that weird combination of laziness and desire to get it just right - they play off of each other too, so the more I obsess over the thought that my post needs to be just right, the more I back away from it and put it aside and tell myself it's fine, I'll do it another time. I don't need to write it now. And perhaps it's true, in a sense that it's not life-threatening if I don't write it now, but it's also a crutch, isn't it?

Sometimes it's fear, too. Fear that I won't do a good enough job, that it won't be well-received or interpreted the way I meant, that it'll stop people from reading, visiting, and enjoying the content I post here. And then it's the tricky transition too, of turning a blog founded upon lightness and cheerfulness, into something that offers a bit more substance. I tried it, with my post on my shopping philosophy, a toe in the water kind of test. It felt good to write something a little deeper, that expresses a little more of my opinion, and puts the stuff in my head a little bit more out there. A baby step, to be sure, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

In short, it's difficult! It's really, really hard to do it in a way that's honest, constructive, thoughtful, and even beneficial to others, while remaining true to yourself. That's why I admire people who do it well. They are inspiring to me and I think they are so brave and amazing to be able to write how they do. I love them for the way they share, for their thoughtful and intelligent commentary on important issues, both personal and non-personal. I love them for their gusto. That's why I am sharing three of my favorite blogs with you today. One of the ladies I was lucky to have attended college with; the other two, I have never met, but follow their blogs just as ardently. I hope you'll enjoy the wonderful content they develop and share as much as I do, and that you'll walk away feeling emboldened and inspired.

A wonderful and honest post, from Kendi Everyday

Fiercely independent and intelligent, a collection of reflections from I Eat the Peach

Impeccable style and dedication to staying true to herself - Stina Auer's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment