Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Pi Day!

Today is March 14, or 3/14. Therefore:

Happy Pi Day!

Sign courtesy of Justin :)


In honor of the gloriously irrational (and delicious) number that is pi, some of my awesome colleagues at work have been busy in their kitchens. And some of us in the office have been busy too ;) Witness below:


Clockwise from top left: Michelle's caramel apple pie, Molly's Italian Easter pie, Justin's French silk pie, and someone's portion of caramel apple pie.

I would show you my plate, which contained a nice sample of each of these delicious creations, except that I have finished everything on it :) They were each wonderful! As you can see, the caramel apple pie is going quickly, probably because everyone wanted it for breakfast. The Italian Easter pie is a close second. I have a feeling we are all saving the French silk pie for dessert later on today :)

Italian Easter pie is new to me; apparently it is one of Giada's recipes. It was light, faintly reminiscent of rice pudding, custard, and cheesecake, and the orange zest was refreshing. I would love to try making this one day!

Will you be celebrating Pi Day? If so, I hope it's filled with lots of delicious pie and a nice sprinkle of whimsy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment