Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sometimes, it's good to be bad.

Especially when 'being bad' means having fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits that knock your socks off. From one of the best food trucks, in my humble opinion :)

That's right, juicy, tender chicken, coated in light and crispy batter with hints of sweet and savory. Perfectly balanced with cool and slightly zingy buttermilk ranch dressing. I'm a convert thanks to this dressing, and I usually don't even like ranch! And to finish it all off, a buttermilk biscuit that is flaky, tender-crumbed, with the wonderful buttery goodness that makes you say 'ahhh...' Delicious enough to make me want to blog about it, right here and right now!


Er, sorry about the image orientation. I'm not sure how I can get it to rotate on Blogger. If you don't mind tilting your head to the left, you'll see how it looked when I took the photo. But in any case - there is the beauty. My lunch today :)

Philadelphia friends, and anyone who visits Philly - do make sure you check out Street Food Philly, a wonderful food truck with a constantly changing menu of goodies. You can follow them on Facebook and Twitter.  You can find them on the Drexel University Campus, near the intersection of N. 33rd and Arch Streets. You should definitely try their food if you get a chance - I promise you won't be disappointed!

Until my next trip, I'll be thinking of nothing but fried chicken and how to re-create this deliciousness at home. Do you have any favorite fried chicken or buttermilk biscuit recipes? Please share in the comments!

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a perfect treat! We have fried chicken sometimes, but I never remember the biscuits - must make next time ;)

    I'm glad you enjoyed this tasty meal, Min!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessie! It was very happy-making, for my stomach :D If you do make those biscuits, may I request a recipe post? I have a feeling you'll know just how to make them healthier while still being delicious!

    ReplyDelete